Before construction on the 13.1-kilometre southeast leg of the Valley Line LRT can begin this spring, TransEd must conduct investigative and preparatory work.
Starting on or around April 18, 2016 geotechnical works will take place in the River Valley and the future tunnel portal area.
The work will include testing small-diameter boreholes in order to assess ground conditions along the LRT alignment.
This work will take place between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. It is expected to be completed by May 22, 2016. Each site will be restored to its original condition after the work is completed.
Works will take place in the following areas:
1. Geotechnical testing to take place in Louise McKinney Park, north and northeast of the Cloverdale Pedestrian Bridge. The bridge will not be obstructed. The trails will remain accessible.
• Six test locations will be near trails (see map). Flag persons will be on hand if needed.
2. Geotechnical testing to take place on 102 Avenue to the Jasper Avenue intersection.
• Three test locations will be on the sidewalk on 102 Avenue. Pedestrians will not be impeded and the work area will be barricaded. Flag persons will be on hand if needed.
• Two locations will be on the road, using temporary lane closures (barricades). Flag persons will be on hand if needed.
3. Geotechnical testing to take place then along 95 Street to the top of the River Valley.
• Fourteen locations will be on the road, using temporary lane closures (barricades). Flag persons will be on hand if needed.
For drivers looking to avoid the work on 102 Avenue, we recommended taking Jasper Avenue, or take 95 Street north of Jasper Avenue to 103 Avenue.
For drivers in and out of Riverdale, we recommend using 92 Street to Rowland Road, and then taking Alex Taylor Road to Jasper Avenue.
Drivers using 95 Street south of Jasper Avenue are advised to take 101 Avenue or 101A Avenue to minimize travel on 95 Street.
To accommodate this work, the public may be impacted in the following areas:
• Traffic and pedestrian disruptions may vary, dependant on location.
• There will be noise associated with the work.
Areas of geotechnical work
Alternate driving routes
Questions or comments about this story? Ask us!
View notice and maps as a pdf:
Traffic Disruption Notification- April 11 – Final