September 24, 2021 – Starting on or about Tuesday, September 28th, 2021, TransEd will be expanding energization of the overhead wires from the Muttart Stop on 98 Avenue to the 102 Street Stop in the Downtown area. Once this is complete, the entire 13 km route, from Mill Woods to Downtown, will feature permanently energized overhead wires and ongoing train testing. Pedestrian and vehicle crossings during the initial train testing will be supported by qualified flag personnel.
FOR YOUR SAFETY:
• Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
• Stay clear of the overhead wires at all times. Coming into contact with live overhead wires can lead to serious injury or death. Keep all high reaching devices such as kites, ladders, drones, and remote-controlled planes away from the energized overhead wires.
• Stay off the tracks at all times. The only exception is when crossing the rail at a designated pedestrian walkway while following all traffic signals and signs.
• Always follow the direction of construction personnel and flaggers.
• Always follow traffic and pedestrian signs and signals.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
• There will be occasional noise associated with this work, including train bell dings to alert the public of the moving train.
• There will be occasional flashing lights emitting from the trains.
• There will be minimal traffic disruption with occasional train crossings at the roadways and intersections that cross the LRT tracks.
• Flaggers will be onsite where required to ensure traffic flow and the safety of pedestrians.
• Pedestrian access will be maintained.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as the project progresses. For the most current information in your area, please visit: https://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Please refer to the attached maps for more details. For more information, visit our website www.transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.