October 27, 2020 – On or about November 15, 2020, TransEd will be shifting traffic at the intersection of 90 Avenue and 83/85 Street. This work will occur during peak, off-peak, and overnight hours and is expected to last five weeks. Work will primarily occur during the day (7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.) however, some of this work will need to be accomplished at night. Work that causes more noise and vibrations will be completed during daytime hours.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
On 90 Avenue, East of 83/85 Street:
- One westbound through lane will remain open.
- One westbound dedicated left turn lane will remain open.
- One eastbound through lane will remain open.
- One eastbound and one westbound through lane will be closed.
On 83 Street, South of 90 Avenue
- One northbound through lane will remain open.
- One northbound dedicated left turn lane will remain open.
- One southbound through lane will remain open.
- One northbound dedicated left turn lane will be closed.
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line LRT progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: https://transedlrt.ca/updates/.