UPDATE: Work has been rescheduled for the nights of Tuesday, July 24 and Wednesday, July 25.
The east side of the 38 Avenue/66 Street intersection will be blocked from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m on Tuesday, July 24. The east side of the 34 Avenue/66 Street intersection will be blocked from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Wednesday, July 25.
EDMONTON, AB – July 13, 2018 – On Monday, July 23 and Tuesday, July 24, the east side of the following intersections will be temporarily blocked for one night each to allow for pulling rail into place for the Valley Line LRT:
- 38 Avenue and 66 Street
- 34 Avenue and 66 Street
This work will take place over these two consecutive nights between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. on the selected dates. During this time, east and west traffic will be suspended at east side of these intersections, one intersection at a time. Upon completion of the work, access at these intersections will be reinstated.
There will be noise and flashing lights while this work is completed.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- The east side of the 38 Avenue/66 Street intersection will be blocked during night time hours on July 23.
- The east side of the 34 Avenue/66 Street intersection will be blocked during night time hours on July 24.
- Pedestrian access will vary throughout this work.
- Please visit https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/general-service-alerts.aspx for all ETS changes and updates.
- Motorists can use 91 Street or 50 Street as alternate north/south routes to avoid congestion.
- Motorists can use 23 Avenue or Whitemud Drive as alternate east/west routes to avoid congestion.
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line LRT progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: https://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website https://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. (City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600).