UPDATE: This work has been postponed to June 1, 2020.
May 21, 2020 – On or about May 28, 2020 TransEd will be installing rail at the intersection of 87 Avenue and 83 Street. This will take place overnight between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. This work is expected to last approximately five nights.
There will be no through north/south traffic on 83 Street during this time.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- 87 Avenue at 83 Street will be closed overnight for five nights.
- There will be no through traffic on 83 Street during this time.
- There will be noise and flashing lights while this work is completed.
- Flaggers will be on hand to assist traffic.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout this work.
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line LRT progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: http://transedlrt.ca/updates/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.