UPDATE: June 11, 2020 – This work has been postponed until June 26.
May 21, 2020 – On or about June 19, 2020 TransEd will be transporting and installing rail at the intersection of 82 Avenue and 83 Street. This will take place overnight between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. This work is expected to last approximately one week.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
82 Avenue West of 83 Street
- Full closure on 82 Avenue.
- Two westbound through lanes will be closed.
- Two eastbound through lanes will be closed.
- One eastbound dedicated left turn lane will be closed.
83 Street North of 82 Avenue
- All lanes will be maintained.
- No southbound right turn movement onto 82 Avenue.
83 Street South of 82 Avenue
- One northbound dedicated left turn lane will be closed
- The southbound lane will be closed. Motorists will be asked to detour at 81 Street
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line LRT progresses.
For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: http://transedlrt.ca/updates/.Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/ or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.