May 31, 2022 – Beginning on or about June 6, 2022, crews will be working day and night on sidewalks and curb and gutters along Connors Road and the roadways near Muttart Conservatory including 98 Avenue. This work is expected to last until approximately the middle of July.
To accommodate this work, lanes will be narrowed during the day or closed at night on Connors Road and on 98 Avenue and 96A Street and the access road near the Muttart Conservatory. The lane closure locations each night will vary and change throughout the six weeks of this work.
This is warranty work and includes removal of seasonally damaged and cracked sections of concrete sidewalk and curb and gutters in isolated segments of 1 meter to 10 meters in length. There will be noise associated with this work from construction vehicles, equipment saw cutting and removing the concrete, and crews forming and pouring new concrete.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- During the day, lanes adjacent to work areas will be narrowed. Lane width will accommodate busses.
- During the night, lanes will be closed as follows.
- The lanes will be closed in segments to accommodate work areas about 1 to 2 blocks long.
- The work will occur in segments and will change location as work progresses.
- On Connors Hill, between 95 Avenue and the new Kâhasinîskâk pedestrian bridge
- On 98 Avenue, between 96A Street and the access road to Muttart Conservatory and Connors Road SB
- On the access road to Muttart road from 98 Ave to Connors Road.
- This daily lane narrowing, and segmented night closure, will be in place until approximately July 16.
- There will be noise associated with this work.
- 24hr business access will be maintained
- 24hr pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Please follow marked pedestrian detours.
During this time please watch for, and follow, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600. TransEd will complete the noisiest work during the day whenever possible.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line Southeast LRT nears completion.
For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit https://transedlrt.ca/updates/. Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website https://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.