September 22, 2021 – Starting on or about September 24, 2021, crews will be performing finishing curb barrier works on 83 Street, from 69A Avenue to Argyll Road. To accommodate this work, the southbound lane on 83 Street from 69A Avenue to Argyll Road will be closed for a total of 8 days, divided into two 4-day phases. The first phase will begin on Friday, September 24 at 9 p.m. and will extend until Tuesday, September 28 at 6 p.m. The second phase will begin on Friday, October 1 at 9 p.m. and will extend until Tuesday, October 5 at 6 a.m. This work will occur during the day and nighttime.
There will be noise associated with this work such as a beeping alarm from the hydrovac truck. TransEd is committed to doing everything possible to mitigate noise and vibrations during work in this area. The noisiest works will be done earlier in the evening, where possible.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
• The southbound lane on 83 Street, from 69A Avenue to Argyll Road, will be closed from:
– Friday, September 24 at 9 p.m. to Tuesday, September 28 at 6 a.m.
– Friday, October 1 at 9 p.m. to Tuesday, October 5 at 6 a.m.
• This work will occur during the day and nighttime and there will be some overnight noise associated with this work.
• There will be flagpersons on-site to assist with traffic flow.
• Pedestrian access will be maintained.
During this time please watch for, and follow, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses.
For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit https://transedlrt.ca/updates/.