May 18, 2022 – Beginning on or about May 24, 2022, crews will be working day and night on sidewalks and curb and gutters along 75 Street. This work is expected to last approximately five weeks.
To accommodate this work, one of the three northbound lanes, or one of the three southbound lanes will be closed in short segments between Whitemud Drive and Wagner Road. The lane closure locations each day will vary and change throughout the five weeks of this work.
This is warranty work and includes removal of seasonally damaged and cracked sections of concrete sidewalk and curb and gutters in isolated segments of 1 meter to 10 meters in length. There will be noise associated with this work from construction vehicles, equipment saw cutting and removing the concrete, and crews forming and pouring new concrete.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Either one of the three southbound or one of the three northbound lanes of 75 Street will be closed.
- The lane will be closed in segments to accommodate work areas about 1 to 2 blocks long.
- The work will occur in segments between Whitemud Drive and Wagner Road and will change location as work progresses.
- This daily closure will be in place until approximately June 25.
- There will be noise associated with this work.
- 24hr business access will be maintained
- 24hr pedestrian access will be maintained on either the east or west side of 83 Street.
- Please follow marked pedestrian detours.
During this time please watch for, and follow, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses.
For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit https://transedlrt.ca/updates/. Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website https://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.