June 6, 2022 – Beginning on or about June 13, 2022, crews will be working during the day and overnight to complete minor concrete finishing to the surface of the center pier of the Tawatinâ Bridge over the North Saskatchewan River. This work is expected to last until approximately the middle of July.
To accommodate this work, the shared use path (SUP) will be narrowed during this work. The SUP will not need to be closed or entirely blocked during the work. Pedestrians and cyclist access will be maintained at all times.
This is final aesthetic concrete surface finishing work and includes light grinding and patching of the concrete. There will be noise associated with this work from handheld concrete grinders and generator equipment.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- At all times during this work, one of either the center asphalt path, the west wood path, or east wood path will be open. The remaining width of the SUP will be closed to create a safe work area.
- The SUP width will be narrowed at the center pier until approximately the middle of July.
- There will be noise associated with this work.
- There will be dust generated by the concrete grinding.
- Flap persons will be present at either end of the SUP to direct crews to halt grinding if dust is present or could blow within designated SUP or adjacent river valley trail pedestrian routes.
During this time please watch for, and follow, all pedestrian detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight noise permit. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line Southeast LRT nears completion.
For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit https://transedlrt.ca/updates/. Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website https://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.