EDMONTON, AB – October 5, 2018 – Starting on or around October 15, 2018, west side lanes on 97 Street at the intersection of 97 Street and north of 102 Avenue will be closed. North and southbound traffic will be shifted to the east side of 97 Street, allowing for two northbound and two southbound lanes. The dedicated southbound left-turn lane, eastbound on 102 Avenue will be temporarily closed.
Additionally, one southbound through-lane on 97 Street will be closed and the northbound dedicated left turn lane, (turning westbound on 102 Avenue) will be closed.
This work will take approximately two weeks to complete.
102 Avenue, 99 Street to 97 Street
Access to 97 Street, from 102 Avenue will be closed. Eastbound traffic will be directed to make a U-Turn in front of Canada Place at 102 Avenue to exit westbound.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Northbound and southbound traffic at 97 Street and 102 Avenue will shift to the east side of 97 Street.
- Two lanes north and southbound will be maintained.
- Left turn lane eastbound on 102 Avenue from 97 Street temporarily closed.
- Left turn lane westbound on 102 Avenue from 97 Street temporarily closed.
- At least three of four crosswalks will be maintained, depending on construction activities.
- On-street parking on 97 Street near the 102 Avenue intersection will be affected in all directions.
- Eastbound traffic between 99 Street and 97 Street at 102 Avenue will be directed to make a U-Turn in front of Canada Place to exit (access to the Canada Place parkade requires a right turn into the parkade to enter and a right turn and immediate U-Turn to exit).
Bus stops in this area will be relocated. Please check www.takeets.ca, and click on “Detours and Closures” for updates.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. (City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600).
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit https://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website https://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.