EDMONTON, AB – October 19, 2017 –TransEd crews will begin working on 102 Avenue, which will be closed intermittently in sections, from now until project completion in 2020. These closures are to accommodate changes to the roadway, including laying track for the Valley Line LRT, and the completion of stops at 96 Street, Churchill Square and 102 Street.
Starting on or around October 24, 2017 there will be a full closure of 102 Avenue between 96 and 97 Street, The intersection at 97 Street and 102 Avenue will remain open as much as possible, facilitating north-south traffic.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Motorists going westbound on 102 Avenue from 97 Street or 96 Street will not have access.
- Northbound left turning lane on 97 Street at 102 Avenue will be closed.
- Southbound left turning lane on 97 Street at 102 Avenue will be closed.
- Eastbound access to 102 Avenue from 97 Street will be maintained for the first 60 metres to provide access to local businesses.
- To prevent traffic delays, motorists can use 102A Avenue as an alternate route.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Please refer to the attached maps for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Click map to enhance.