February 22, 2021 – Starting on or about Monday, February 22, Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) train system testing will be in progress on the LRT tracks along 66 Street, between 34 Avenue and 51 Avenue.
During this time, the trains will move from the Gerry Wright Operations and Maintenance Facility (at 75 Street and 51 Avenue) and will return to the facility after testing. Train testing will be ongoing and will gradually increase north of 51 Avenue.
Crews will be performing clearance verification testing to check the distance between the platforms and train. Crews will also perform system tests while the train is not in motion.
The tests will require the trains to be powered and unpowered. When the train is unpowered, it will be moved along the tracks by the Mobile Recovery Vehicle (MRV). When powered, the train will be energized directly from the overhead wires.
The train systems testing process is to ensure that all elements are performing to required standards before opening to the public.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following ways:
● There will be occasional noise associated with the testing, in particular: the bell dings from the MRV are used to alert the public of the train.
● There will be controlled train crossings at intersections that cross the LRT tracks. Flaggers will be on-site to ensure safe crossing and maintain road traffic flow.
● Pedestrian access will be maintained.
FOR YOUR SAFETY:
● Be aware of your surroundings and other road users. Stay alert while on the road.
● Be aware that coming into contact with live overhead wires can lead to serious injury or death. Please be aware of your surroundings. Keep all high reaching devices such as ladders, outdoor banner/light installation poles, drones, and remote-controlled planes away from the energized overhead wires.
● Do not shortcut across tracks, only cross at designated pedestrian crossings.
● Always follow the direction of construction personnel and flaggers
● Always follow traffic and pedestrian signs and signals.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as the project progresses.
For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit https://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.