EDMONTON, AB – January 6, 2017 –24-Hour construction work on the Quarters Tunnel for the Valley Line LRT project will begin on or about January 11, 2017.
This work will have noise associated with it. Noises you may hear will primarily be the sound of diesel engines. A Noise Permit to facilitate the 24-Hour construction of the tunnel has been obtained, and extends to December 29, 2017. Construction work for the Quarters Tunnel will take place throughout 2017.
Measures Taken to Minimize Noise:
- Loading of construction materials will occur between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Equipment that require back-up alarms will not be used overnight (between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.).
- Trucking out of material removed from the tunnel will not take place overnight (between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.). Material removed during overnight work will be piled and removed the next morning.
- Pumps associated with this work (pumps to transport concrete into the tunnel and air circulation fans) are equipped with noise dampening devices.
- TransEd is required to complete construction activities within the requirements of the Edmonton Noise Bylaw.
*City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600, https://www.edmonton.ca/documents/Bylaws/C14600.pdf
For more information, visit www.transedlrt.ca or call 780-224-0964.
Area Experiencing Noise – 102 Avenue & 95 Street