EDMONTON, AB – September 29, 2017 – Starting on or about October 6, 2017, there will be an intersection changeover at 28 Avenue and Youville Drive West. The changeover will involve relocating traffic signals and the associated rerouting of traffic in this area. Work will be conducted from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on or about October 6 to minimize impact to motorists. During this time, all traffic will be directed by Edmonton Police Services and will be limited to one lane in each direction at the intersection.
People at nearby businesses and residents in the area can expect noise from jackhammering and backup alarms from construction vehicles. Please note that there will also be flashing lights from Edmonton Police vehicles.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- 28 Avenue will be limited to one lane in each direction.
- Youville Drive will be limited to one lane in each direction.
- Angled parking on the south side of 28 Avenue will be permanently closed.
- Angled parking on the north side of 28 Avenue will only be accessible via detour. on 28 Avenue westbound during and after construction.
- Motorists using angled parking on the north side of 28 Avenue will only be able to exit via a right turn at Youville Drive during and after construction.
- The entrance to Millwoods Main Street Shopping Centre off 28 Avenue will be closed during construction.
- The Youville Drive W & 28 Avenue bus stop will be relocated during and after construction.Please visit https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/general-service-alerts.aspx for all ETS changes and updates.
- Pedestrian access will vary throughout the evening as work is performed.
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can use 31 Avenue or Youville Drive East NW.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. (City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600).
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary throughout the evening. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel and Edmonton police. We appreciate your patience as we build the Valley Line LRT.
Please refer to the map for more details. For more information, visit our website https://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.