EDMONTON, AB – April 21, 2017 – Starting on or around May 1st, the trail access north of 41A Avenue between Millbourne Road and 66 Street will be closed for public use until mid-July for the removal of trees and third-party utility work related to underground pipelines. These closures will affect both cyclists and pedestrians to help ensure the safety of workers during Valley Line LRT construction.
Motorists travelling along 66 Street may have to shift lanes to accommodate this work, but all four lanes will remain open.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit https://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
The following work will be done in your area:
- Removal of trees to access the pipeline
- Third party utility work
- Two holes will be dug out for pipeline access and will be fenced off
- There will be welding in the area, and there will be welding screens to shield homes. Please obey all posted signs and keep away from construction/welding sites.
- To avoid potential delays, motorists can take 76 Street or 91 Street as alternate routes.
- We will provide notice beforehand of any flaring in the area to remove excess gas.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Please refer to the map below for more details. For more information, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 780-224-0964.