CORRECTION: – April 27, 2017
Utility work will affect the northwest side of the Montessori parking lot, not northeast as stated below
EDMONTON, AB – April 21, 2017 – Starting on or around May 1st, third party utility workers will be on site at the following locations until mid-July for pipeline access:
- South Edmonton Alliance Church parking lot at 31 Avenue and Youville Drive
- Tawa Montessori parking lot at 66 Street and 31 Avenue
- Green space west of 66 Street at about 29th Ave
These closures will affect both cyclists and pedestrians to help ensure the safety of workers during Valley Line LRT construction. Watch for signs and the instructions of work crews.
Motorists travelling along 66 Street may have to shift lanes to accommodate this work, but all four lanes will remain open.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit https://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
The following work will be done in your area:
- Third party utility work
- Three holes will be dug out for pipeline access and will be fenced off – see map
- The southeast side of the Church parking lot will be inaccessible to traffic
- The northeast side of the Montessori parking lot will be inaccessible to traffic
- There will be welding in the area, and there will be welding screens to shield homes. Please obey all posted signs and keep away from construction/welding sites.
- To avoid potential delays, motorists can take 50 Street or Mill Woods Road as alternate routes.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Please refer to the map below for more details. For more information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 780-224-0964.