EDMONTON, AB – March 13, 2017 – Starting on or around March 16, 2017, there will be hydrovac work on 102 Avenue from 97 Street to 103 Street. The work will take place during off-peak and overnight hours. Overnight work will only take place with a valid Noise Bylaw permit. The purpose of this work is for investigation of existing underground utilities and will be in effect until mid-May 2017.
To accommodate this work, the public may be impacted in the following areas:
- There will be single lane closures eastbound and westbound directions.
- An increase in noise and vibration. For overnight work, TransEd has obtained a noise bylaw exemption permit. We will work to mitigate noise impacts as best possible.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times. Temporary pedestrian access may be in place.
- Please observe all construction signage and the directions of personnel in the area.
- Work during night hours will generate some noise. TransEd has a permit that exempts it from the normal restrictions of the City of Edmonton’s Community Standards Bylaw 14600.
TransEd approaches construction along the Valley Line LRT route with great care and regard for the amount of construction noise and vibration considered acceptable by the City of Edmonton. While noise and vibration are unavoidable in any construction project, TransEd endeavors to minimize the impacts whenever possible.
Please refer to the map below for more information.
For more information, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.