THIRD UPDATE: While eastbound and westbound traffic is shifted to south of 28 Avenue, the right turning lane north of 28 Avenue from 55 Street to Youville will be temporarily maintained if there is no on-going work in the area. This will last until mid summer 2018.
SECOND UPDATE: on the evening of Friday, September 15, 2017, there will be an intersection changeover at 66 Street and 28 Avenue. Work will begin at 9:00 P.M. and continue until approximately 6:00 A.M. A noise permit has been obtained. Motorists traveling in the area can expect delays and police traffic control during this time.
FIRST UPDATE: on Thursday, August 31, 2017, there will be traffic rerouting at the 34 Avenue and 66 Street intersection. Traffic will be pushed to the west and north sides of the intersection. This will take place in the evening.
EDMONTON, AB – August 3, 2017 – Starting on or about August 10, 2017, 66 Street will be partially closed from south of 28 Avenue to Whitemud Drive to allow painting of lanes on the new street. Motorists will also be unable to access parts of 28 Avenue, 34 Avenue, and 38 Avenue at this time. These closures will only be happening in evening and night hours for a short period of time.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- 66 Street will be partially closed from south of 28 Avenue to Whitemud Drive.
- 28 Avenue will be closed from Lakewood Drive to Youville Drive.
- 34 Avenue will be closed from 71 Street to 58 Street.
- 38 Avenue will be closed from Millbourne Road to 62 Street.
- These closures will be happening one at a time so motorists will still have access.
- Please visit https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/general-service-alerts.aspx for all ETS changes and updates
- Pedestrian access will be maintained
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can use 91 Street or 50 Street as alternate routes.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. (City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600).
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel. We appreciate your patience as we build the Valley Line LRT.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.