(Updated) May 27, 2022 – Starting on May 30, 2022 train testing along the Valley Line Southeast LRT alignment increase, and occur 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Testing locations will vary every day and trains could be testing at any location at any time.
FOR YOUR SAFETY:
- Always follow the direction of construction personnel and flag persons.
- Flag persons are present at all intersections to protect drivers, cyclists and pedestrians when trains cross. This is an important safety requirement and will continue until train and traffic signal testing is complete at each intersection. Thank you for your patience.
- Stay off the tracks and only cross at a designated pedestrian walkway
- Stay clear of the energized overhead wires at all times. Coming into contact with live overhead wires can lead to serious injury or death.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- There will be occasional noise associated with this work during the day and at night, including train bell dings to alert the public of the moving train.
- There will be occasional flashing lights emitting from the trains.
- There will be minimal traffic disruption with occasional train crossings at the roadways and intersections that cross the LRT tracks.
- Flaggers will be onsite where required to ensure traffic flow and the safety of pedestrians.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as the project progresses. For the most current information in your area, please visit: http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Please refer to the attached maps for more details. For more information, visit our website www.transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.