July 28, 2020 – Starting on or about August 5, 2020 crews will be installing Detection Loops on 75 Street at McIntyre Road. Detection loops are cut into the road and connected to the traffic cabinet. When a vehicle drives over the loop, or stops on the loop, it will activate the traffic changes. This overnight work will occur from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. and is expected to last three nights. To accommodate this work, there will be alternating closures within the intersection.
Crews will be working in the northbound lanes on August 5, the southbound on August 6, and eastbound and westbound on McIntyre on August 7. Flaggers will be on hand to assist motorists.
There will be noise associated with this work such as saw cutting and small machinery moving. In order to not interrupt traffic during the day, crews will have to perform this work during night hours, however, they will endeavor to complete the noisiest work early in the evening.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Alternating closures of the northbound lanes on 75 Street at McIntyre Road on August 5.
- Alternating closures of the southbound lanes on 75 Street at McIntyre Road on August 6.
- Alternating closures of the eastbound and westbound lanes McIntyre Road at 75 Street on August 7.
- There will be overnight noise associated with this work, primarily saw cutting.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Flaggers will be on hand to assist traffic.
During this time please watch for, and follow, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses.
For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit http://transedlrt.ca/updates/. Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.