UPDATE – November 25, 2019 – This work will continue Monday, November 25 and Tuesday, November 26, 2019.
October 29, 2019 – On or about November 12, 2019 the east side of 75 Street at Roper Road will be temporarily blocked to allow for pulling rail into place for the Valley Line LRT. Rail pulling involves removing the rail from the nearby stock pile and placing it on rollers to be pulled along to road so it can be set into place.
This work is expected to last for approximately one week and occur between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. During this time, lane closures will be in effect at the intersections of 75 Street and Roper Road as well as at 50 Street and Roper Road.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- On 75 Street, south of Roper Road, one northbound through lane will be closed.
- On 75 Street, north of Roper Road, southbound dedicated left turn lane will be closed.
- On Roper Road, west of 75 Street, one eastbound through lane will be closed.
- On Roper Road, east of 75 Street, a full closure will be in place. Four through lanes (two eastbound and two westbound) and one westbound dedicated left turn lane will be closed.
- On 50 Street, north of Roper Road, one dedicated right turn lane will be closed.
- On 50 Street, south of Roper Road, one dedicated left turn lane will be closed.
- On Roper Road, east of 50 Street, one westbound through lane will be closed.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Please visit https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/general-service-alerts.aspx for all ETS changes and updates.
There will be noise and flashing lights while this work is completed.
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and will obtain an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line LRT progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.