May 14, 2020 – On or about June 9, 2020 TransEd will be removing asphalt and installing rail south of the intersection at 82 Avenue and 83 Street. This will take place overnight between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. This work is expected to last approximately one week.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Traffic will be maintained with two westbound through lanes, two eastbound through lanes and one eastbound dedicated left turn lane.
- No eastbound right turn movement onto the southbound will be allowed.
- One westbound dedicated left turn lane will be closed.
North of 82 Avenue
- All lanes will be maintained.
- No southbound traffic will be permitted across 82 Avenue
South of 82 Avenue
- Traffic will be maintained with one northbound lane and one northbound dedicated left turn lane.
- The southbound lane on 83 Street from 82 Avenue to 81 Avenue will be closed.
- There will be noise and flashing lights while this work is completed.
- Flaggers will be on hand to assist traffic.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout this work.
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line LRT progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: http://transedlrt.ca/updates/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/ or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.