September 14, 2020 – On or about September 19, 2020 TransEd will be transporting and installing rail at the intersection of 76 Avenue and 83 Street. To accommodate this work, 76 Avenue will be closed to through traffic overnight between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. This work is expected to last three nights, 1.5 nights for each Phase.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Westbound traffic will need to turn right onto 83 Street northbound.
- Eastbound traffic will be closed just west of 83 Street.
- Southbound traffic on 83 Street will be closed from 76 to 77 Avenue.
- Eastbound traffic will need to turn right onto 83 Street southbound.
- Westbound traffic will be closed just east of 83 Street.
- Southbound traffic on 83 Street will be closed from 76 to 77 Ave
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line LRT progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: http://transedlrt.ca/updates/.