UPDATE – This work has been postponed until February 27 & 28, 2020.
February 12, 2020 – On or about February 20 & 21, 2020 TransEd will be transporting and installing rail at the intersection of 34 Avenue and 66 Street. To accommodate this work, 34 Avenue will be closed to eastbound traffic at 66 Street. This closure will occur overnight between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. and is expected to last two nights. To accommodate this work, eastbound traffic from this intersection will be closed. Motorists are asked to detour east via 38 Avenue or 28 Avenue.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- 34 Avenue east of 66 Street will be closed overnight for two nights.
- North and southbound traffic will be maintained.
- Westbound traffic on 34 Avenue west of 66 Street will be maintained.
- Motorists are asked to use 38 Avenue or 28 Avenue to travel eastbound.
- There will be noise and flashing lights while this work is completed.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout this work.
- Please visit https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/general-service-alerts.aspx for all ETS changes and updates.
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line LRT progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.