EDMONTON, AB – October 16, 2017 – Starting on or around October 27, 2017, TransEd crews will begin working on 83 Street north of 76 Avenue. Crews will begin drainage work on the east side of the street and once the work is completed they will move to the west. Sections of 83 Street will be intermittently closed as work progresses.
You might be impacted in the following ways:
- There will be intermittent avenue closures beginning with 77 Avenue and 78 Avenue and moving north.
- All street parking along the 83 Street service roads will be removed for the duration of construction.
- One lane in each direction will be maintained.
- Northbound and southbound traffic on 83 Street will be permanently reduced to one lane in each direction between Argyll Road and Whyte (82) Avenue.
- There will be a relocation of bus stops. Please check takeets.ca, and click on “Detours and Closures” for updates.
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can use 75 Street or 99 Street.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. (City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600).
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.