Construction is underway on the 13.1 kilometre southeast leg of the Valley Line LRT.
On July 25, 2016 EPCOR Water began water main work on Jasper Avenue and on 102 Avenue. Further information about EPCOR’s work can be found at www.epcor.ca.
Additionally, starting on or around August 15, 2016, traffic and pedestrian disruptions on Jasper Avenue between 95 and 96 Streets will take place in order to facilitate underground sewer relocations.
Some ETS transit routes may be affected by these disruptions. For more information, please visit www.takeets.ca and click on “Alerts and Service Updates” in the left side navigation.
Partial street and sidewalk closures for sewer construction
· From July 25 – about Aug 2, 2016: The four lanes on Jasper Avenue between 95 and 96 Streets will be reduced to two lanes, with one lane open in each direction, likely affecting traffic travelling east and west for EPCOR water line work.
· From August 15 –September 30, 2016: The four lanes on Jasper Avenue between 95 and 96 Streets will be reduced to two lanes, with one lane open in each direction, likely affecting traffic travelling east and west for sewer work.
· From August 15 – September 30, 2016: The sidewalk on the south side of Jasper Avenue, between 95 and 96 Streets, will be closed.
· From August 15 – October 31, 2016: The sidewalk on the north side of 102 Avenue will be closed.
Suggested alternate routes during construction
· Traffic travelling eastbound on Jasper Avenue can turn north on 97 Street, travel north on 97 Street to 103a Avenue, and travel east on 103a Avenue to Jasper Avenue at 92 Street.
· Traffic travelling southwest on Jasper Avenue can turn and travel west on 102a Avenue to 97 Street, turn south on 97 Street to Jasper Avenue and reconnect with Jasper Avenue westbound at 97 Street.
· Pedestrians walking along Jasper Avenue between 95 and 96 Streets are advised to look ahead for barricades and posted detour signage and maps. Please take alternate routes to avoid the sidewalk closures.
The work will take place 24hrs per day, 7 days per week and is expected to be complete by October 31, 2016.
102 Avenue Permanent Changes
There will be changes to the traffic flow on 102 Avenue between 95 and 96 Streets once construction in the area commences in early August 2016. The three, one-way eastbound lanes will be reduced to a single eastbound lane until construction is completed in 2018.
Following construction in late 2018, traffic flow on 102 Avenue from 95 Street to 97 Street is permanently changing to one lane going westbound only. The current 5-way intersection of Jasper Avenue/95 Street and 102 Avenue will become a traditional 4-way intersection increasing the safety at this location.
During construction, please watch for, and obey, all traffic detours and instructions of work crews.