EDMONTON, AB – October 25, 2017 – Starting on or about November 1, Valley Line LRT will be installing an electrical substation at the northeast corner of 34 Avenue and 66 Street. During this time, the corner of 34a Avenue and 65 Street will be blocked to accommodate construction activity. Access to residents’ driveways will be maintained during installation.
Residents in the area can expect noise associated with the installation. A large truck and crane will be in place at the corner of 34a Avenue and 65 Street to assist in the installation of the substation.
Upon completion, the substation will be enclosed with a tall fence and surrounded with landscaping. See rendering, next page.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- The corner of 34a Avenue and 65 Street will be blocked during construction.
- Construction personnel will be directing pedestrian traffic between 34a Avenue and the intersection of 34 Avenue and 66 Street during construction.
- Please visit https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/general-service-alerts.aspx for all ETS changes and updates.
- Pedestrian access on 65 Street and 34a Avenue will be maintained.
- Motorists can exit the neighborhood using 65 Street northbound or 34a Avenue eastbound.
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line LRT progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.
Sample Rendering of finished TPSS. Subject to change.