EDMONTON, AB – April 24, 2018 – Starting on or around April 27, 2018, the lane control signals on Connors Road will be temporarily removed to facilitate construction of the Valley Line LRT. The current system of two northbound lanes in the morning and two southbound lanes in the evening will remain. Delineators will be used to switch the lane instead of the lights.
This will last until the end of the 2018 construction season (winter).
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- The overhead lane control lights on Connors Road will be temporarily removed in favour of delineators.
- Watch for the morning and afternoon lane shifts using delineators.
- Friday, April 27, there will only be one lane in each direction to allow crews to remove the lights.
- Saturday and Sunday, April 28 and April 29 will have two southbound lanes and one northbound lane open.
- Starting Monday, April 30, the lanes will return to the current system of two northbound lanes in the morning and two southbound lanes in the evening.
- Lane control signals will be returned at the end of the 2018 construction season.
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.