UPDATE: This work will be occuring on November 30, 2019. At which time, there will be no Westbound traffic on 98 Ave from the 98 Ave traffic circle to the Muttart Service Road. Local traffic access the area via Cloverdale Road off of Connors Road.
October 3, 2019 – Starting on or around November 23, 2019, 98 Avenue will be temporarily closed from the James MacDonald Bridge to the Traffic Circle at 98 Ave. This closure is in order to assure safe passage of the span to the work site for installation. This closure will last for one night.
There will be overnight noise associated with this work. This closure is to accommodate the erection of the span that will be going over 98 Avenue. Work will take place between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. in order to minimize traffic disruptions.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- One northbound lane on 85 Street will be closed (just south of the traffic circle).
- One westbound lane on 98 Avenue will be closed (just east of the traffic circle).
- One eastbound land on 98 Avenue will be closed (just west of the traffic circle).
- One southbound lane on 84 Street will be closed (just north of the traffic circle).
- One EB lane James MacDonald Bridge will be closed and traffic will subsequently be guided to commute to Connors Rd. There will be no through EB traffic on 98 Ave (James Macdonald Bridge) from east of North Saskatchewan River
- Access to the Cloverdale neighbourhood will be maintained via Cloverdale Road.
- The eastbound lane on James MacDonald Bridge to Connors Road will remain open.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained with the attached detour
- Flaggers will be on hand to assist motorists and pedestrians
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and will obtain an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.