EDMONTON, AB – April 11, 2017 – Starting on or around April 12th, motorists travelling eastbound and westbound along 95 Avenue can expect alternating single lane closures between 89 Street and west of 91 Street. Any delays will be during off-peak and evening hours from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. The lanes will be closed for approximately one night for work crews to conduct surveys necessary for future LRT construction.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- 95 Avenue eastbound and westbound traffic at 90 Street can expect single lane closures starting with the outside lane, and progressing to the inside lanes. Motorists will be directed to shift lanes as work progresses throughout the night. Lanes will re-open as work is completed.
- 90 Street southbound traffic at 95 Avenue will have single lane closures and parking will unavailable during this time
- 95 Street to west of 91 Street outer lanes will be blocked off, and access to the alley adjacent to 91 Street will be closed.
- Motorists should expect delays at this intersection during the 2017 Summer season as construction progresses.
- Bus Stop #2097 will be temporary relocated outside of the work area and will re-open during Phase 2.
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can take 98 Avenue as an alternate route.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Vehicle and pedestrian traffic impacts will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel. Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.