EDMONTON, AB – August 28, 2017 – Starting on or around August 29, 2017, traffic on 83 Street between 69 Avenue and 76 Avenue will be permanently reduced to one lane in each direction to allow for the Valley Line LRT. There will also be closures on the east side of 83 Street, including alleys. Access from intersecting roads along 83 Street between 69 Avenue and 76 Avenue will be closed as required.
You might be impacted in the following ways:
- All street parking along the 83 Street service roads will be removed permanently.
- Northbound and southbound traffic on 83 Street will be permanently reduced to one lane in each direction between 69 Avenue and 76 Avenue.
- East side closures, including alleys
- There will be partial closures for 69 Avenue, 69A Avenue, 71 Avenue, 73 Avenue, 78 Avenue, 79 Avenue, and 80 Avenue on the east and west side of 83 Street.
- During night hours there will be narrowing of lanes to allow for temporary paving.
- There will be a relocation of bus stops. Please check takeets.ca, and click on “Detours and Closures” for updates.
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can use 75 Street or 99 Street.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. The night time work will only involve temporary paving. (City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600).
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Please use caution when driving through construction zones.
For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.