UPDATE – March 31, 2020 – To accommodate further EPCOR works this evening, the westbound lane on 76 Ave will also be closed.
March 26, 2020 – Starting on or about March 31, 2020, EPCOR will begin attaching the davit arms (the arms from which the signal lights will hang) to the traffic signal poles already installed on 76 Avenue. This work will occur overnight from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. for one night. Flaggers will be on site to assist traffic.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- There will be alternating closures to northbound and southbound traffic on 83 Street in four-hour increments. Northbound traffic will be closed for the first four-hour period and Southbound traffic will be closed for the second four-hour period.
- Motorists will be asked to detour at 76 Avenue
- Flaggers will be on hand to assist traffic.
- There will be noise associated with this work – mainly the noise from the use of an impact gun to tighten bolts.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
During this time please watch for, and follow, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses.
For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit http://transedlrt.ca/news/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.