EDMONTON, AB – May 12, 2017 – Starting on or around May 15, minor lane closures will affect traffic on 75 Street between Wagner Road and Whitemud Drive. These closures will take place during peak, off-peak, and evening hours for paving and LRT Construction. Please follow all construction and detour signs in the area.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Northbound and Southbound traffic on 75 Street will begin to shift lanes south of Wagner Road to Whitemud Bridge
- In mid-June, 75 Street access to McIntyre Road will be closed temporarily and will re-open after the second phase of construction is completed
- Parking lot accesses along 75 Street from Wagner Road to south of 51 Avenue will be closed temporarily as needed
- Pedestrian detours will be in place during construction along 75 Street from Wagner Road to Whitemud Bridge.
- Bus stops 2074, 2588, 22118, 2738, and 2018 will be relocated. Please check takeets.ca, and click on “Detours and Closures” for updates.
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can use 86 Street or 50 Street as alternate routes.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Please refer to the maps below for more details. For more information, contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 780-224-0964.