EDMONTON, AB – July 25, 2017 – Starting on or around July 31, the right turning lane from southbound 75 Street to Roper Road will be closed. Motorists will still be able to turn right using the inside lane. During night hours, motorists can expect additional lane closures on Roper Road. This work will continue until the end of the 2017 construction season.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Right turning lane from 75 Street to Roper Road will be closed to motorists heading southbound.
- During night hours only, there will be additional lane closures on Roper Road.
- Bus stops in this area may be relocated. Please check takeets.ca, and click on “Detours and Closures” for updates.
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can use 99 Street or 50 Street as alternate routes.
- Motorists can still access Roper Road via 86 Street.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.