EDMONTON, AB – August 4, 2017 – Starting on or around August 18, 2017, 102 Avenue will be closed to traffic between 96 Street and 97 Street. However, 102 Avenue between 96 Street and 95 Street will continue to allow one-lane traffic and 96 Street south of 102 will remain open. This will be to accommodate a manhole installation at the 102 Avenue and 96 Street intersection. In order to access the one-lane traffic, traffic flow at the turn between 102 Avenue to 101A Avenue will be temporarily reversed from southbound-only traffic to northbound-only traffic. Construction in this area will last approximately for 6-8 weeks.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- 102 Avenue from 97 Street to 96 Street will be closed.
- 102 Avenue between 96 Street and 95 Street will only permit one-lane traffic.
- Traffic flow will be temporarily reversed from southbound-only traffic to northbound-only traffic on 96 Street from 101A Avenue to 102 Avenue in order to access one-lane traffic on 102 Avenue from 96 to 95 street.
- Pedestrian crosswalks along 102 Avenue will be closed from 97 to 96 street. A temporary crosswalk will be placed across 102 Avenue at 96 Street.
- There will be a partial closure of 96 Street south of 102 Ave; making local traffic access only from 102A Avenue.
- There will be no access to 102 Avenue from 97 Street in all directions.
There will be full closures of parts of 102 Avenue from 95 Street to 103 Street until 2020.
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can use Jasper, 102A or 103 Avenues as alternate routes.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. (City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600).
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel. We appreciate your patience as we build the Valley Line LRT.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.