Night Time Intersection Closures at 38 Avenue along 66 Street
EDMONTON, AB – August 23, 2018 – For three consecutive nights in September, the east side of the intersection at 38 Avenue and 66 Street will be temporarily blocked during night hours (9 p.m.- 6 a.m.) to allow for pulling rail into place for the Valley Line LRT. The dates for this work are:
- Wednesday, September 5
- Thursday, September 6
- Friday, September 7
This work will take place over these three consecutive nights between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. on the selected dates. During this time, east and west traffic will be suspended at east side of this intersection and reopened after 6 a.m. the next morning. Upon completion of the work, access at this intersection will be reinstated.
There will be noise and flashing lights while this work is completed.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- The east side of the 38 Avenue/66 Street intersection will be blocked during night time hours on September 5, 6, and 7.
- Pedestrian access will vary throughout this work.
- Please visit https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/general-service-alerts.aspx for all ETS changes and updates.
- Motorists can use 91 Street or 50 Street as alternate north/south routes to avoid congestion.
- Motorists can use 34 Avenue or Whitemud Drive as alternate east/west routes to avoid congestion.
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as construction on the Valley Line LRT progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit: http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. (City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600).