85 Street South Lane Closures
UPDATE: The access to the Bonnie Doon traffic circle from 85 Street will be temporarily re-opened. This is not permanent and motorists can expect the closure to be reinstated this Spring
EDMONTON – January 3, 2018 – Starting on or around January 20, 2018, 85 Street access south of the traffic circle will be closed. The east side of 85 Street will be entirely closed and the west side will have one lane open in each direction up to the entrance into Sir William Place.
The traffic circle is being reconfigured in order to rebuild it as a four-way intersection instead. To accomplish this, crews will be working inside the circle to build the intersection first while the circle remains open.
This closure will last for approximately 18 months.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Motorists will be unable to access the traffic circle via 85 Street south.
- The west side of 85 Street will have one lane in each direction only.
- The closure is only from the traffic circle to 88 Avenue. The remainder of 85 Street remains open and the public retains access to the Bonnie Doon mall and other businesses in the area.
- Residents of Sir William Place will still be able to access their parkade but it will be for local traffic only.
- Please visit https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/general-service-alerts.aspx for all ETS changes and updates
- Pedestrian access will be maintained
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel. We appreciate your patience as we build the Valley Line LRT.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.