83 Street Night Work
EDMONTON, AB – September 19, 2019 – Starting on or about September 26, 2019, crews will be pouring concrete overnight from 9:00 p.m.to 6:00 a.m. This work is to accommodate concrete pours and drainage work on the northbound lane on 83 Street between Argyll Road and 76 Avenue. To accommodate this work, the northbound traffic lane will be closed to all motorists. ETS buses will be allowed to pass with flaggers.
Motorists can use 75 Street as an alternative route during this time.
This overnight closure is expected to last approximately one week.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Overnight work on 83 Street south of 76 Avenue.
- Northbound traffic will be maintained with the use of flaggers
- Existing traffic lanes will be maintained between Argyll Road and 73 Avenue except southbound traffic will only be permitted to turn right at Argyll Road.
- East and west bound traffic on 73 Avenue will be closed at 83 Street.
- East and west bound traffic from the alley south of 76 Avenue will be closed at 83 Street.
- Traffic will revert to existing conditions north of 76 Avenue.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Drainage work means that the first night will be the loudest, as crews will have to break through the concrete in order to get to the pipes underground. Once the first few days are over and crews have broken through the concrete, the work is much quieter as crews will be working on the drainage.
TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and will obtain an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.