82 Avenue and 83 Street to Bonnie Doon traffic circle – Minor Lane Closures
EDMONTON, AB – August 8, 2017 – Starting on or around August 14, 2017, traffic disruptions will occur from 82 Avenue to the Bonnie Doon traffic circle. The outside lanes in both directions along 82 Avenue near the 83 Street intersection will be partially closed during night hours. Construction in this area will start with the outermost lanes and when the work is completed it will move to the innermost lanes. Expect alternating lane closures and follow the construction signs.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Outside eastbound lane along 82 Avenue (Whyte Avenue) from 85 Street to 83 Street will be temporarily closed.
- The outside westbound lane along 82 Avenue will also be closed from 81 Street to 83 Street.
- Right turns are still allowed along 82 Avenue in both directions.
- One lane in each direction on 83 Street will be closed from 81 Avenue to the Bonnie Doon traffic circle.
- The outside lane of the Bonnie Doon traffic circle will be closed intermittently during the night.
- Please visit https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/general-service-alerts.aspx for all ETS changes and updates.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Most work will take place during daytime hours. Construction requiring lane closures will only take place during night hours to minimize traffic disruptions.
- These disruptions may or may not occur simultaneously and will last the remainder of the 2017 construction season.
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can use 76 Avenue as an alternate route to 82 Avenue and 50 Street instead of 83 Street.
- Since only one lane will be closed at a time, local traffic will always have access.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. (City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600).
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel. We appreciate your patience as we build the Valley Line LRT.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.