66 Street – Major Lane Closure and Track Construction
EDMONTON, AB – July 25, 2017 – Starting on or around July 31, motorists traveling in both directions along 66 Street between 28 Avenue and Whitemud Drive will be directed to change lanes in construction zones. During evening hours, motorists on 66 Street can also expect left turning lane closures. This work will be done in sections, so read signs and watch for available openings.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- 66 Street traffic between 28 Avenue and Whitemud Drive will be directed to shift lanes.
- Right turning lane closures along 66 Street.
- During evening working hours there will be a closure of left turn lanes on 66 Street, as well as no left turns on 28 Avenue, 34 Avenue, and 38 Avenue.
- Please visit https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/general-service-alerts.aspx for all ETS changes and updates.
- Pedestrian access throughout this area will be maintained
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can use 91 Street, and 34 Street as alternate routes.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. (City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600).
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel. We appreciate your patience as we build the Valley Line LRT.
Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780-224-0964.