UPDATED – 24-hour Major Lane Closures on 83 Street between 76 Avenue and Argyll Road
EDMONTON, AB – June 21, 2017 – Starting on or around July 4, 2017, major lane closures will affect traffic on 83 Street between 76 Avenue and Argyll Road. These closures will take place during peak, off-peak, and evening hours for paving and LRT Construction. Please follow all construction and detour signs in the area.
We ask for your understanding and patience as construction progresses. For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit http://transedlrt.ca/advisories/.
To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:
- Northbound and southbound traffic on 83 Street will be permanently reduced to one lane in each direction between Argyll Road and 76 Avenue.
- Side street and alley access closures will happen in block segments starting from:
- Argyll Road to 69A Avenue (approximate start date July 4)
- 69A Avenue to 73 Avenue (approximate start date July 12)
- 73 Ave to 76 Avenue (approximate start date July 18)
- Access to 83 Street will be restricted to 76 Avenue, 73 Avenue, and Argyll Road during this time, and these closures will remain in place for most of the summer.
- Affected streets include: 76 Avenue, 73 Avenue, 71 Avenue, 69a Avenue, Argyll Road, and all respective back alley accesses and services roads directly parallel to 83 Street.
- Pedestrian detours will be in place during construction along 83 Street on the affected streets previously mentioned.
- Parking will be restricted on the service roads directly parallel to 83 Street.
- Sidewalks will be relocated.
- ETS Bus Stops will be relocated during this time. Please check takeets.ca, and click on “Detours and Closures” for updates.
- To avoid any potential delays, motorists can use 75 Street or 99 Street as alternate routes.
There will be noise associated with the work. TransEd is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations, and has obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during nighttime hours in order to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
Vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic disruptions will vary by location. During this time please watch for, and observe, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.
Please refer to the attached maps for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 780-224-0964.